Thanks for visiting Austen's Bike Ride for Charity Website!
With the birth of my second child, a son this time, I've been a bit quiet
on the cycling and fund-raising fronts. But I managed to do a 300
mile charity bike ride in Vietnam in November 2007 and so far this year I'm doing close to 100 miles per week training so it looks like I'm getting back into it!
Previous / current fundrasing events and rides:
- 2009 - have been back into the swing of things a bit more so far this year, completed GYBR (75 miles) again in June and am signed up for the 60mile Manchester to Blackpool ride on 12th July 2009 in aid of Christie's Hospital Charity... so why not sponsor me using the form below?
- 2008 - quite a low mileage year for me for one reason or another, but managed to do the Great Yorkshire Bike Ride (75 miles) again.
- 2007 - I raised about £3,000 doing a 300 mile bike ride in Vietnam, the money raised went to the 'Water
Aid' charity - I think we take alot for granted and nothing more so than
safe, clean water - it is Water Aid's mission to make this 'luxury' something
that is enjoyed by everyone on the planet.
- 2004 - I raised £270 doing a coast to coast (and back again!) bike
ride in Ireland for a diabetes charity
- read about how I got on during
the Dublin to Galway bike ride.
- 2003 - I raised over £1,000 for the British Heart Foundation doing a hike
and a 260 mile bike ride.
- 2002 - I did the Great Yorkshire Bike Ride for
the first time, a scenic 75 mile route from Wetherby to Filey, and
have signed up for the ride each year since. Money raised goes yo a variety
of organisations including: Child Line, Mencap and Martin House Children's
- 2000 - I raised over £1,100 for Mencap doing a 200 mile bike ride.
- 1998 - I raised about £400 for a North Manchester Children's Hospital
by doing an army assault course dressed as a baby (don't ask why!)
- 1995 - I raised about £350 for the Cancer Research Campaign doing
a coast to coast bike ride across England on a tandem!
- I raised a little over £230 for Children in Need.
- I raised nearly £200 for Red Nose Day whilst in fancy dress.
If any early birds want to sponsor me before I put up the full details of
the latest challenge (the Vietnam bike ride) then here's the sponsorship form for you!
Thanks for visiting and come back soon as I will be updating this page
in the near future.